COLORATOUR fully embraces and enforces the principles of sustainable tourism which means we strive to limit the impact of our activities on the venues where we operate and we try our best to contribute to the local content of the places we cherish.
Not only we aim to enforce these principles for COLORATOUR operations but also for ourselves in our everyday life. Sounds like talk the walk and walk the talk. For instance, we do not use nor own a car for our everyday usage but use public transportation or a bicycle. We are also advocates of the shared economy and use high speed trains when available or car sharing and then, when on the spot, rent a local (electric if available) vehicle.
Maintaining small group sizes (typically 6 or 7) does nurture a different attitude towards the place we travel to. Having lived, worked and studied in various places around the world, we see ourselves as bridges between cultures and passionate advocate of the experiences we share.
Hands-on sustainable tourism
As a responsible operator, COLORATOUR.com endeavours to minimise its negative environmental impact . We strive to enforce these 5 easy guidelines.
1. Only local (charming) properties carefully curated & audited every year (No International Chain), just boutique Curated Accomodation
2. Respect Nature – Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using the footpaths responsibly. Leave no trace !
3. Shop Locally – Use local products and services. They give you a flavour of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, and arts and crafts in every region.
4. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Try to avoid overly packaged goods (in a perfect world, a 22 inch roller suitcase is fine) and say no to that extra carrier bag. Try and recycle any waste you may have. Less waste is less stress!
5. Be Water / Power Wise – Turn off the tap after washing your hands and Switch off the light after leaving a room.
Every little helps !
THANK YOU (Planet Earth:-)